deltah_fl(corpus_context, segment_pairs, environment_filter=None, prevent_normalization=False, stop_check=None, call_back=None)¶
Calculate the functional load of the contrast between between two segments as the decrease in corpus entropy caused by a merger.
- corpus_context : CorpusContext
Context manager for a corpus
- segment_pairs : list of length-2 tuples of str
The pairs of segments to be conflated.
- environment_filter : EnvironmentFilter
Allows the user to restrict the neutralization process to segments in particular segmental contexts
- stop_check : callable, optional
Optional function to check whether to gracefully terminate early
- call_back : callable, optional
Optional function to supply progress information during the function
The difference between a) the entropy of the choice among non-homophonous words in the corpus before a merger of s1 and s2 and b) the entropy of that choice after the merger.